Does Your Child Have Allergies? Check Your Household Products
There are any number of household products that can trigger allergic reactions in children. One that has been recently identified is triclosan. It is used in toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, soap and elsewhere.
This is an important toxin to note in many of your household products because it can lead to severe allergies.
A study of 10-year old children found that "triclosan concentrations were associated with allergic sensitization, especially inhalant and seasonal allergens..." The most common allergic reaction was nasal congestion. If you or your children are experiencing this, you may want to consider if it could be caused by triclosan.
Check the labels in your home and make sure you look for household products that are low on toxins and have a small amount of allergens in them. If your child is experiencing these type of allergies, see your doctor.
Page printed from: